Monday, August 1, 2016

Summary of Hypertext/UMAP 2016 conference.


Summary

This conferene was combined with UMAP2016 and Hypertext2016.

I had a short paper presentation in this conference. The topic is about personalized recommender system for local businesses using Yelp dataset [1]. It was nice to have some feedback from the audience. Here are some of the paragraphs: 1) if I defined the business relationship based on the user review, how can I make sure the sequential shopping behavior? Say, the user from one restaurant to another ice cream shop? I think this suggestion is critical. But I pre-filter the data into daily basis, i.e. The same day shopping patterns. So this may cover the most sequential between any two businesses share the same group of users; 2) two attendees asked about the data pre-processing issue. They wonder how I can make sure its a sequential shopping for any two of the businesses? This is related to the previous question. I pre-filter them into a daily basis; 3) the long distance shopping pattern between Las Vegas and Phoenix. Some of the audience likes the idea to see the commercial pattern across cities; 4) for future study, the system of this paper requires a user study of the costumers. I may send out the questionnaires to the customers in different businesses, to see if the recommendation result fits their shopping preferences. Besides, my presentation, I talked to many of the attendees at the conference. I believe it would be a meaningful connection for future collaboration.

  1. Tsai, Chun-Hua. "A Fuzzy-Based Personalized Recommender System for Local Businesses." Proceedings of the 27th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media. ACM, 2016. APA

No comments:

Post a Comment